Important Documents

Please bring these documents to optimize your return

Registered slips:

  1. T4 – Employment income
  2. T3, T5 – Interest, dividends, mutual funds
  3. T4E – Employment insurance benefits
  4. T4A - OAS, T4AP – Old Age Security and CPP benefits
  5. T2202A- Tuition / education receipts
  6. T4A- Other pensions and annuity income
  7. T5007 - Social assistance, Workers’ compensation benefits
  8. Any other slip


  1. RRSP contribution slips
  2. Child care information (Babysitting)
  3. Professional or union dues
  4. Tool expenses (Tradespersons)
  5. Medical expenses (by family during the last 24 months)
  6. Employment expenses
  7. Political contributions
  8. Charitable donations (last 5 years)
  9. Moving expenses (if moved for work purposes)
  10. Interest paid on student loans (last 5 years)
  11. Professional certification exams
  12. Property tax for rental property information

Other documentation

  1. Notice of Assessment/Reassessment
  2. Canada Revenue Agency correspondence (any letter from CRA)
  3. Sale of principal residence
  4. Rental income and expense receipts
  5. T2200- Declaration of Conditions of Employment
  6. Details of dependents, if any (Kids, grandparents)
  7. First time home buyer- please bring home documents